Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where was i when...

my cells decided to turn into cancer? was i grocery shopping? was i giving graycen a bath? had i just put dune and lars down for a nap? was it while i was sleeping? was it during a shower? where was the moment that went from normal to sick? where was that moment so that i can go back and strangle it. i cry. and i cry. and i cry. when i think about this. so i try not to think about it.

i realize that if you stumble upon this blog that you don't know much about me other than i am fighting some very unwanted cancer. three tumors they found. Stage III. but here's some un- cancer related info about me, because i am much more than just cancer. i am 28. i love God. and my husband. this september i will married for 5 years. i have three kids, all with unusual names. i went to school for photography. and i have a knack for design. i am obsessed with all things retro, vintage, old, and babies. i love to be in the garden, and eat from it. i love to wear spf that's over 50, and i like umbrellas. i refer to my children as "my littles" and i get that from one of my favorite movies, Darby O'Gill and the Little People. i like owls and squirrels. i take over one hundred pictures a day. my dream job would be high end children's photography. i was just getting that kicked off the ground when i got a call to come see my dr. because they found something. cancer.

i've done chemo, and radiation. thought i hit hell, came back... have had three weeks off to get stronger, get well. but my white blood cell count has only lowered, and i have caught a cold. all of this would mean very little, but tomorrow, monday, i go in for surgery and 5 more radiations. the month of august is predicted to be a tough one. good thing i am tough.

so here i am in photo glory. i've put my big camera down for a bit and now carry around my beloved point and shoot. it's much easier for weak arms. this is me.




No comments:

Post a Comment